I ran across these statements on a Facebook post today. They were at the end of a little parable about socialism. In no way do I mean to belittle anyone's beliefs, nor do I intend to force my views on anyone else. I just think these are things worth thinking about.
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
2 hours ago