Thursday, October 31, 2013

My First UBC--Analysis & Questions



This was the first Ultimate Blog Challenge I've ever participated in.  And I managed to post 31 times in 31 days.  I missed a day here and there, but made up for it with 2 posts on a subsequent day.  I'm pleased with myself for being able to meet the challenge.  I've proven to myself that I CAN post more frequently and still keep up with all the other stuff I need to do.  I just need to remain disciplined so that I don't allow one "missed" day to become a week or more!  Time will tell if I've got what it takes.

I got no new followers from this month of blogging.  I really expected at least a few.  I rarely even got the 2 "required" comments from fellow UBC bloggers.  That was terribly disappointing, mostly because I hate when people don't follow the rules.  I didn't even find any new blogs that interested me enough to follow them. There seemed to be a lot of I'm-an-authority-on-such-and-such-and-you-should-do-things-this-way posts.  That may have disappointed me the most.  I was hoping to develop some new relationships.

So other than finding my own writing and time-management capabilities, I don't know what I've accomplished here.  I'd love to hear thoughts from others who participated in the UBC--how did it work out for YOU?

--------

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jane -

You did better than I did with the challenge this time. I was not able to do all of the posts, but I did get a lot of them written.

I had days when comments were not left for me as well. I guess that is just the way some people are.

Keep up the work. I am sure it will eventually pay off!

Be Well.
Paul.

Unknown said...

I post daily on my site anyway (or at least I try, weekends can be tough). I did do everyday this month because of the challenge. I did visit the two sites and did comment, unless for some reason the comment did not go through but then I contacted that page through Facebook. I didn't gain any other followers either. I plan on doing a challenge again. This really got me posting some different things.

Amanda said...

Thank you for stopping by my post and commenting today. I always commented on the 2 above me, normally more. There was a couple of times where comments weren't left for me either. It was more about me learning that I could do it.

Keep on going! Good things will come.