Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Learning Curve

I feel vaguely ridiculous and more than a little intimidated as I flounder on with this new venture. You'll see a post below the What I Made Today, 9/08, called Incredible Handmade Soap. I actually just finished that about 20 minutes ago, but it's date-stamped on Monday. I checked all of my internal settings (not being entirely sure of what I was looking for), before I realized that the date-stamp-thingy must pick up the date and time that the post was started! See, I actually started that post about wonderful handmade soap on Monday, but decided I'd like to get permission from the people I feature before just plugging them into my blog. So I saved my "start" as a draft, and continued it today. Now I feel slightly "out of order"!

Also, I checked my Comments on my previous blog posts, and one was from my most excellent webmaster Eve. For those of you who don't know her, it probably sounds perfectly legitimate. To my trained "ear", however, I could tell she was laughing. We've been friends for more than 35 years, so I just know. She's an amazingly talented artist and graphic designer, and works wonders with my main website, and in that respect she intimidates the hell out of me! She writes pages and pages of impressive html code, and here I am hunting and pecking at my little pre-fab blog and still not getting it quite right! Fortunately, I enjoy learning, and am determined to eventually figure this all out! If you want to see some real quality, though, you need to look at what Eve can do!

-

No comments: