Friday, July 19, 2013

Amethyst Fancy Necklace


Back when I was doing arts & crafts shows, I had to have a few fancy one-of-a-kind pieces for those shows where there was judging.  This is one of those pieces.  Amethyst teardrops on a sinewy snake-like wire harness, dripping with freshwater pearls and suspended on a handcrafted-link chain.  Measuring about 8" wide by about 5" tall, it makes for a dramatic statement!

This picture isn't very good because it was taken in the days before digital and then scanned at some point to add to my archives.  I did have this necklace for a number of years, and it won me a prize or two.  It now resides in the possession of Cynthia C. of Cocoa, Florida.  She had her eye on it for over a year before it finally went home with her, so I know it's in a place where it's loved!

--------

No comments: