Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Once-In-A-Lifetime Event


I am done with all my special orders. I can't believe it! I've been making this handcrafted jewelry for 25 years now, and I can't remember EVER having all my special orders done! Somebody always wants something in a different size or a different color. Or they've got a stone that's been laying in a drawer for years and they want me to set it. Or they have a necklace to be restrung (not my favorite thing to do, but it always makes the customer happy!) or a vintage piece they want remade into something new. (The earrings pictured are a pair I made for a customer to match a tanzanite necklace and ring she had.)
I do have a couple of "orders" on my To Do clipboard. One is a "if you find a turquoise stone in the same color as the bracelet you made me, I want a pendant". Easier said than done with turquoise--there are so many shades and tones and hues that it's hard to match. And I have 3 cameos to set for another customer, but she wants them for Christmas, so I'm not counting them. Should I do the work 5 months before I know I'm going to get paid? Maybe, but I've decided it's cooler to be able to say I've got all my special orders done!

I don't really know what to do with myself...








Okay, THAT was a joke! Those of you who might have read some of the posts in my series about all the online venues I try to keep up with will know that I've got PLENTY on my plate to keep me busy.
But still...I am done with all my special orders!
___

1 comment:

Patricia said...

I am not sure if you will get this or not! I have never used blog before. I have been searching for someone to wire wrap a stone that we purchased on a cruise (Azotic Ecstasy Topaz Opal)for a ring and also purchased two small stones for earrings. I cannot locate anyone in the San Antonio Texas area that does rings as beautifully as yourself! I have several rings wire wrapped just like your rings (Egyptian Style). Please send me an email at pt5309@gvtc.com so that we can connect. Thanks, Patricia